- The payment templates created on Luminor | Nordea internet bank will be moved from the column “Register of Recipients” into Luminor | DNB internet bank column “My templates” which will be created until 3 March 2020. Payment templates created afterwards will not be transferred, we suggest that you create new templates in Luminor | DNB internet bank.
- We will migrate agreements on standing orders. You’ll find them under Luminor | DNB internent bank’s column “List of Payments”. Historic payments performed under agreements on standing orders will not be migrated.
- We will transfer unpaid e-invoices, valid automatic e-invoices payment agreements and will order receipt of e-invoices into Luminor|DNB.
- We will not transfer payment orders created but not signed by you or payment orders with future payment date.
- Funds will be credited in the beneficiary’s account in the same currency in which the payment transfer was received. If the beneficiary does not have a bank account in the currency specified in the incoming cross-border payment, it will be opened automatically. The customer will individually have to take care of the conversion of funds into the preferred currency. The funds can be converted as usual - on Luminor|DNB internet bank or at the nearest customer service outlet.
- The procedure for determination of the limits on payment transactions on the Luminor|DNB internet bank will be changed. Limits will be set to user on all accounts the user manages. We’ll set the following limits:
Transaction limit – if it was set on Luminor|Nordea internet bank then the maximum limit from those made available to the user. If not, then the same as the daily limit;
Daily limit – the maximum limit from those made available to the user;
Monthly limit – unlimited. If needed, the customer her/himself should take care of its setting.
The requested limits can be changed/set by submitting the application on Luminor|DNB internet bank: Applications ->Document group: Other services -> Requests: Request to Change Transaction Limits on the Internet Bank.
- From the services migration date Luminor bank will use only one SWIFT BIC code – AGBLLT2X. Please provide it to all of your partners and suppliers. Transfers with NDEALT2X SWIFT code will not be available from the services migration date.
- We are asking those who use the service of payment import in XML format to check the data against Luminor|DNB description you can find here. The comments about the critical points to which you should pay your attention are available here.
- The cut-off times for extra urgent transfers in euros will be changed. The new cut-off times are applicable the same as to the accounts having the number starting with LTXX40100 and available here.
- During the technical works related to the migration of the services and products, the internet bank and the mobile bank will not be available from 26 June 2020, 13:00. Acceptance of payment orders will be resumed from 29 June 2020, 8:00 via Luminor|DNB Internet bank.